Guarding our Environment:
Staying Red, Going Green® is our belief that Red Roof will remain a leader in economy lodging and a good steward of the environment.
Our grassroots "Go Green" campaign cuts energy demand at each of our inns with improved designs, better materials and energy-reducing operational measures.
- Energy-saving fluorescent lighting
- LED lighting in building signage
- Water-saving toilets and showerheads
- "Go Green" - select housekeeping service
- Environmentally sensitive EcolabTM laundry and cleaning products
- Greenworks approved printing of promotional materials
- Corporate Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR® Program
In addition to our own green initiatives, we offer our guests the choice to "Go Green" every time they stay at Red Roof. This "select housekeeping" option lets each guest decide whether bed sheets are changed, towels are replenished and trash is removed - saving water, energy and chemical usage.
Our environmental behavior continues in our corporate offices as well, where we work hard to cut energy demand, recycle and make decisions based on the impact to our environment.
As we build and convert to our new NextGen redesign, we continually work to reduce our carbon footprint, by choosing environmentally friendly materials; building and developing efficiently;and putting the right energy-saving operations in place.